Shortlist announced for inaugural Midlands Props Awards
The inaugural awards, hosted by TV presenter and property expert Jonnie Irwin, recognise the leaders making a difference in the world of Midlands real estate. They are sponsored by Bond Wolfe and raise funds for Variety, the Children’s Charity. The awards ceremony takes place on Thursday, 28 April 2022 at Birmingham’s Grand Hotel.
The awards encompass a wide range of categories, including Industrial Deal of the Year, Residential Project of the Year and Rising Star Award.
James Mattin of headline sponsor Bond Wolfe said: “It was fantastic to receive such an excellent standard of entries. The quality of the submissions really showed the strength we have in the property sector across the Midlands.
“Congratulations to everyone who has made the 2022 shortlist and we look forward to celebrating their achievements – and announcing the winners – at the awards on 28 April.”
The awards are sponsored by Bond Wolfe, Emmaus Consulting, Godwin Developments, Keepmoat Homes, Prosperity Developments, Rainier Developments and Strategic Land, Savills and TheBusinessDesk.com.
The Midlands Props Awards build on the success of the London Props Awards, which have been running since 1992, and have raised over £10.5 million enabling Variety, the Children’s Charity, to support children and young people throughout the UK.
Midlands Props Awards 2022 shortlist
- Chancerygate Ltd / Bridges Fund Management / Frontier Development Capital for joint regeneration of the former Meggitt Aerospace Factory, Coventry
- Complex Development Projects and Bromwich Hardy LLP for regeneration including creation of the Coventry Telegraph Hotel, Coventry
- MEPC for completion of phase one of Paradise, Birmingham
Residential developer of the year
- Cordia Blackswan for Bradford Works shared living scheme, Birmingham
- Prosperity Developments for Urban Living pipeline, Birmingham
- Keepmoat Homes for Spirit Quarters Development, Coventry
Office deal of the year
- Bromwich Hardy LLP for sale of Bishops House on Tachbrook Park, Warwick
- Sterling Property Ventures for lease of 103 Colmore Row, Birmingham
- CBRE for ARUP pre-let at Paradise, Birmingham
Investment deal of the year
- MEPC for purchase of Octagon residential tower at Paradise, Birmingham
- St James Securities Group Ltd for Becketwell regeneration scheme, Derby
- The Galliard Apsley Partnership for funding new homes for Soho Wharf Regeneration scheme, Birmingham
- Grace Allen – CBRE
- Nick Bryson – LCP Ltd
- Sam Cooper – Bromwich Hardy LLP
Industrial deal of the year
- Rigby & Co Ltd for former Celanese engineering plant site at Spondon, Coventry
- Trebor Developments LLP for new build project, Redditch
- Stoford Developments Ltd for pre-let of phase 1 at Stafford North Business Park, Staffordshire
- Ilke Homes for zero-carbon housing solution
- Sterling Property Ventures for sustainable district heating system
- Midland Heart for carbon reduction plan for its estate
Read more about the inaugural Midlands PROPS Awards here.