Variety, the Children’s Charity, has just revealed their shortlist of nominees for the 28th ‘the PROPS’ Awards, taking place at lunchtime on Tuesday 14 May at the London Hilton on Park Lane.
As one of the real estate industry’s key fundraising events, it is designed to raise funds to purchase powered wheelchairs for disabled and disadvantaged children and young people throughout the UK. The Awards were first held in 1992 and have since raised over £10 million for Variety, enabling the charity to provide over 2,050 powered wheelchairs. This year’s Awards will be hosted by the former British Lion, Martin Bayfield and will honour the most notable figures in the industry.
The most coveted of all the awards is the Lifetime Achievement Award with past winners including Gerald Ronson, Tony Pidgley, Sir Stuart Lipton, Michael Slade, Paul White and the late Irvine Sellar. This year the honour will go to the legendary David Pearl, Chairman and Chief Executive of Pearl & Coutts.
The Awards cover a variety of categories including Deal of the Year, Property Lender of the Year, Development of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year and The Most Promising Newcomer of the Year.
Variety was first established in Pittsburgh in 1928 and gradually became involved in helping disabled and disadvantaged children around the world.
Since then, more than £270 million has been raised by Variety in the UK providing over 5,500 Sunshine Coaches, almost the same number of wheelchairs, thousands of grants to individual children and life-saving support for children’s hospitals, hospices and youth clubs.
1. MOST PROMISING NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR
- Ezra Nahome, Lambert Smith Hampton
- Franco Sidoli, CBRE
- Mark Shipman, Michael Elliott
- Simon Silver, Derwent London
- Tony Lorenz, The Lorenz Consultancy
2. RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPER OF THE YEAR – SPONSORED BY OAKNORTH
- Churchill Retirement Living
- Henley Homes
- Joseph Homes
- Moda Living
- Redrow Homes
3. DEAL OF THE YEAR – SPONSORED BY THE COWELL GROUP
- Manse and Opus Land - for joint venture with Rolls-Royce in securing planning consent for a 490,000 sq. ft. headquarters for Meggit plc.
- Network Rail, Telereal Trillum and Blackstone Property Partners - sale of Network Rail's commercial estate business to Telereal Trillium and BlackstoneProperty Partners
- Palmer Capital - sale of 80% share of the company to Fiera Capital of Canada
- Patron Capital - sale of its share in CALA Homes to Legal and General for £315 million
- Westfield – for the sale of the company for $24.7bn (£18.5bn) to Unibail – Rodamco
4. RESIDENTIAL AGENT OF THE YEAR – SPONSORED BY GENERATOR GROUP
- Carter Jonas
- Knight Frank
5. COMMERCIAL AGENT OF THE YEAR - SPONSORED BY HOWARD KENNEDY
- Avison Young
- Gerald Eve
- Mason Owen
- Montagu Evans
6. PROPERTY FUND OF THE YEAR – SPONSORED BY LOCKTON
- Europa Capital
- Legal and General Investment Management, Real Asset
- M&G Real Estate
- Patron Capital
7. PROPERTY LENDER OF THE YEAR - SPONSORED BY PALACE CAPITAL PLC
- Barclays Bank
- Octopus Property
- Paragon Bank
- Urban Exposure
8. DEVELOPMENT OF THE YEAR - SPONSORED BY EMMAUS CONSULTING
- The Bower, Old Street, London - Helical
- Chiltern Place, London - Ronson Capital Partners
- Gasholders London - Argent
- Rathbone Square, London - Great Portland Estates
- U.S. Embassy, Nine Elms, London – United States Government
9. ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR – SPONSORED BY TRIMONT REAL ESTATE ADVISORS
- Jonny Caddick, Moda Living
- Julian Carey, Stenprop
- Manish Gudka, Aprirose
- Paul Eden, Regal London
- Tal Orly, Cogress
10. YOUNG PROPERTY PERSON OF THE YEAR - SPONSORED BY NEXUS GROUP
- Clive Nichol, Fabrix Capital
- Dillon Cane, Cogress
- Guy Harrington, Glenhawk
- Savannah de Savary, Built ID
- William Newton, WiredScore
11. PROPERTY ADVISOR OF THE YEAR
- Freedman + Hilmi
- Malcolm Hollis
- Trowers and Hamlins
- Teacher Stern
12. PROPTECH COMPANY OF THE YEAR - SPONSORED BY HAMLINS LLP
13. LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD - SPONSORED BY THE SANTON GROUP
- David Pearl, Chairman and Chief Executive, Pearl & Coutts
For the first time in almost 30 years we welcomed nominations for the PROPS Awards. We'd like to thank all individuals and companies who entered. A record number of entries were received with the standard being extremely impressive.
We look forward to welcoming you for a great day of networking and celebrating success in this extraordinary sector.
Congratulations to all of the PROPS Awards 2019 shortlisted companies and individuals!
Thank you to our Sponsors.